Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know Your friends. Okay , here’s what you’re supposed to do, And try not to be a SCROOGE !!! Just copy (not forward) This entire email and paste into a new e-mail that you can send. (or you blog like me!)
Change all the answers so that they apply to You. Then send this to a whole bunch of people you Know, INCLUDING the person that sent it to You ……T’is the Season to be NICE!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Either really, I wrapped the presents in paper this year but I am with Ellie’s response about using Fabric bags and recycled paper. I have some paper to use up but I will try and use both to balance it out lol.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Since I was little my parents have had an artificial tree (which was bought Christmas 1985 when my Mum was pregnant with me) they still have the tree! Chris has a real tree last year as he was treated to it by my Grandparents as he didn’t have a tree of his own. This year we have a little artifical tree which is ok but Chris decorated it without me!
3. When do you put up the tree? That usually depends when we get chance. My Mum usually gets her diary out and writes out a couple of dates then has a look to see which date are we free on so that me, Mum Rich and Dad are all in the same place at the same time to do the tree. As may be known this year went pear shape. Chris put the tree up without me while I was at work. I decorated the church tree with Caroline which was cool but it was definately not the same as decorating our own tree for our first Christmas 2gether. Chris keeps whinging at me because I keep bringing it up. Hello! My family do the tree together Christmas is about family (after the celebration of the birth of Baby Jesus)
5. Do you like egg nog? Don’t think I have ever tried it but from the recipe that Hina at work read before we split for Christmas it sounded pretty gross.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I don’t know, Is that bad? My favorite recieved in the last few years (so not really child as I’m now 21 lol) would be my Electric Guitar that my parents bought me I think maybe three Christmasses ago.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? I do! It came as part of my advent calendar that Jenny bought me. I was babysitting her daughter for the weekend that covered the 1st and 2nd of Dec and Jenny had bought me an advent caledar so that I didn’t feel left out. It’s like a cardboard make it yourself kit but it’s really cool – i just need the space to put it out.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Richard! My brother lives with my parents and so pays housekeeping which takes up a tiny bit of his wages and so each month buys computer games, CD’s and DVD’s so it gets to Christmas and I don’t know what to get him becuase anything I’ve thought “I could get that for Rich” he probably already has!!!!
9. Easiest person to buy for? Mum! Amazon Wish Lists rock my socks! lol. This year her present wasn’t from it though. Me and Chris bought her heated slippers to keep her feet warm.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Proper Cards are cool because its personal. It’s more environmentally friendly to send emails now or send recycled cards – Karen inspired me for something for next year.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? It’s not my worst but I swear everyone thinks me and Chris need fattening up or something we have 5 boxes in total of Chocolates and biscuits that we were given as Christmas presents. I try not to give food or sweets as presents because people have lots of food anyway. I do homemade biscuits or flapjack because it’s not as rich as shop bought.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Miracle on 34th Street, The Holiday or Love Actually. I don’t know if the second are technically Christmas films but I love them all the same.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? September – when I had a job. This year was a bit more tight packed as I was unemployed till the middle of November, so my best friends presents were homemade with little bought touches when I could afford them.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes I have but it’s often because a relative might have thought I’d like it but it really wasn’t me and I’d rather it went to a loving home than gathered dust in my room.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? At my parents, My mum would get this tube of Fruit and Nut mix, I’d sit and pick out the raisins and Papaya as it was the only bits I liked. It always winded up my Dad as he’d get just the nuts.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I prefer clear so that they don’t clash with the decorations lol
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home! I would like to travel one year just to see the difference but more than likely Home wins over, because it’s one of the few times that we all have the same time off.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeers? Ready…….Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph. However Rudolph wasn’t actually one of Santa’s Reindeer. He was added after that song was released.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Red metallic star on top of ours.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Morning. At my parents they were done about 9am ish as we went to church the night before (like midnight mass but there was no communion). This year me and Chris opened one before the service, went to church then opened the rest over a period of about 3 hours as we had to do them in slots during the cooking of lunch.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Christmas decorations in October/November. Hello not even had Halloween yet.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Purple and Silver
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Chicken joint with stuffing through the middle.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Well Christmas has passed now. What I would have liked was one day where me and Chris didn’t fall out over something petty. That happened because he made a mean comment and I stood in the kitchen and cried while trying to do the washing up.
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Not really sure, everyone is probably busy.
27. Who is least likely to respond to this? Erm not sure.