Join in here.
1. My Halloween plans this year will include…. On Sunday our church is hosting an alternative Halloween party called Chill @ The Church. I’m going to be manning the karaoke, The Kiwi has been asked to help as well and she’s making cocktails and Chris is doing about hundred things but I think his favourite was creating the maze in the church garden. My bro is also helping with the games arcade area – Rock Band – bring it on!!!!
2. My most memorable Halloween costume was well actually I’ve never celebrated Halloween. The main reason is because I’m a Christian but also it was never really made a big deal about at home. My dad would stick a poster on the door about No Trick or Treats, we’d close up the front door and then ignore the doorbell – if family were coming round they had to phone first lol.
So why don’t I celebrate it well Halloween is actually All Hallows Eve – when supposedly the spirits of dead people came back to haunt the living – if they were given a treat and welcomed then it was all good but if they were rejected they would then trick those people. There is a whole bunch more about it – I found this on CARM (Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry) website about Halloween and Can Christian’s Celebrate it – here.
3. For Halloween this year I’m going to be nothing specific but on Sunday I’m wearing a funky coloured wig to the party – I tried it on yesterday and it looks better without my glasses but without them I can’t see very far lol. So maybe I have to take them off for pictures lol.
4. I’ve always wanted to dress up as erm don’t know – see above lol. When I was at upper school there was a joke about me going as the Good Fairy rather than a witch or anything like that lol.
5. Halloween free association! Craziness, eggs, pumpkins, pumpkin pie, ghosts and ghoulies.
6. The worst thing about Halloween is erm the fact its celebrating death and destruction lol. Does that work?
7. The best thing about Halloween is that we have an alternative party and lots of young people come rather than making a nuisance of themselves, also it means that the Christian kids don’t feel left out of the craziness in a way.