What went well this month
- Continue to work on the weight loss – this has continued. It’s slow going but it’s a marathon not a sprint.
- Exercise at least half an hour on the majority of the week – this hasn’t always happened but some days have had a lot of exercise followed by a lazy day where not a lot of exercise has happened. I think I will take this one into October too and see if I can improve on it.
- Get work back on track – definitely working a lot better now that Jaxon is back at Preschool. There’s a bit of crazy this week but with assistance from Chris and my parents I’ve been able to tag team childcare this week.
- Get Christmas prep sorted – I got as far as sorting out my Christmas planner but not a lot further than that. That’s definitely October’s job.
- Get posts about Christmas and Autumn posts – I got some of these done but need to work on getting rest sorted out.
- Chris has been doing a lot of training walks ready for this birthday challenge.
- I’ve been working on completing various started projects including crochet projects and reading books.
- Between a couple of emails and a couple of phone calls there are some crazy weeks coming ahead. Let’s see how October goes.
- Adventures with Jaxon – Chris, Jaxon and I went to Gulliver’s Land for the day. I think after all these years I’ve actually found theme park rides that are at my level of scary.
- Planner Love: Meadowgate Traveler’s Notebook
- Monthly Christmas Prep: September
- A to Z of Date Nights: C is for…Cineworld
- Recently off The Hook: Baby Blankets
- Monthly Review: August 2017
This month I read The Undercover Princess by Connie Glynn and The Hygge Holiday by Rosie Blake. I loved The Hygge Holiday. Oh I loved it!! Clara is such a sweetie and so many times I wanted to reach into the book and give her a big cuddle. Lovely romantic comedy. Easy read that doesn’t take too much concentration so you can chill and have a hyggelig good time! Now where are my candles and snuggly blanket? I also started How to Screw Up Christmas by Rosie but I haven’t finished that one. I did attempt The Red Tent by Anita Diamant for our new book club but I really couldn’t get into it and had to surrender in the end. It actually coincided accidentally quite well after my babysitting plans fell through at the very last minute. Our Book Group is going to read A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles.
- Timeless (Season 1)
- Limitless (Season 1)
- Chesapeake Shores (Season 2)
- Designated Survivor (Season 2)
- Star Trek: Discovery (Season 1)
- The Good Place (Season 1)
- Greenhouse Academy (Season 1)
- The Night Shift (Season 4)
- Castle (Season 8 and Season 1)
- Autumn Dreams
- Gaga: Five Foot Two
- What Happened to Monday (Started but didn’t finish – it just felt like a poor attempt at Orphan Black)
Goals for October
- Complete portfolio for job interview.
- Continue to exercise, eat better and lose weight.
- Get Christmas prep sorted
- Sort birthdays that come up this month