What went well this month
- Complete portfolio for job interview. I got there in the end.
- Continue to exercise, eat better and lose weight. This was a mixed one. With Chris doing his challenge and then being away at a Hackathon I think my tea consisted of whatever Jaxon was eating because it was easier than cooking something separate for me.
- Get Christmas prep sorted. I managed to buy two of Jaxon’s presents but that was it. Really need to get myself sorted on the other bits.
- Sort birthdays that come up this month. I managed to sort my Mother in Law’s birthday but had to get that sent direct to her because plans didn’t entirely work out. I did manage to sort a birthday card for Chris’s Auntie – it arrived late but it had left me in plenty of time so I class that as a win of sorts!
- Chris completed his crazy birthday challenge (there is a blog post coming from him!)
- He also attended a hackathon.
- I signed up for Planathon 2018 and really trying to get some of it done.
- Although we don’t celebrate Halloween, we opened our door to two special trick or treaters, I made stickers for my friend’s little boy and then had little bags of sweets for him and his little friend. We decided that it would be a sort of “We don’t celebrate but it’s lovely to see you and thank you for coming to see us, here’s a gift”.
- Planner Love: Meadowgate Traveler’s Notebook
- Monthly Review: September 2017
- A to Z of Date Nights: D is for Domino’s, Deadman’s Cross and Dessert Island
- The Pink Corduroy Trousers that were My Favourites
- A to Z of Date Nights: F is for Frankie and Benny’s
Earlier in October, my first Christmas present arrived. It was a copy of Origin by Dan Brown, that my brother and his wife bought for me. He even gave me permission to read it when it arrived rather than wait for Christmas. I’m still attempting to finish The Little Book of Hygge. I say attempting because I got sucked into other books too. You can see all the books I’m reading on Goodreads. I have also been reading A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles for our book club. So far I’m not entirely into it but hopefully it will grow on me. Our meetup got postponed so I have a bit more time to try and read it.
- Star Trek: Discovery (Seaason 1)
- Once Upon A Time (Season 7)
- Designated Survivor (Season 2)
- Jonathan Creek (Seasons 1 to 5)
- Riverdale (Season 2)
- Stephen Fry in America (Series 1)
- Mindhunter (Season 1)
- The Great British Bake Off
- How to Get Away with Murder (Season 1)
- Doctor Foster (Season 1)
- The Big Bang Theory (Season 10 and 11)
- Chesapeake Shores
- Timeless (Season 1)
- The Martian
- Le Week-End
- The Meyerowitz Stories (New and Selected)
Goals for November
- Get everything sorted out for Christmas.
- Get planner ready for 2018
- Get blog posts written or planned for November
- Try to reach 10k steps at least 4 days a week