This evening, while I was curled up on the sofa watching TV and waiting out my cold (and feeling a bit sorry for myself!), I tweaked the font on my blog (let me know what you think I’m not 100% convinced although I really like the change). Also I got a tweet from Julia telling me I’d won this award.
We “met” via Twitter during NaNoWriMo and ended up encouraging each other along (I think she got closer to the end than I did this year!)
So here are the rules:
- In a post on your blog, nominate 15 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.
- In the same post, Add the Versatile Blogger Award.
- In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
- In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
- In the same post, include this set of rules.
- Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
As per the rules, 7 facts you may or may not know about me:
- I have one brother and six cousins, if you include Chris’s side, then it’s one brother, one sister and nine cousins.
- I’m a movie geek – I saw Mamma Mia 3 times and Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows twice at the cinema.
- I’m knowledgeable but not clever. I’m good for pub quiz teams but I suck in exams.
- I genuinely don’t like roller coasters but they are one of Chris’s favourite things so I attempt to suck it up and go on them for him.
- I am attempting to read 25 books in 2012. At present I am 5 days behind target.
- If I’d have known about Anthropology before I did my A Levels, I would have studied that instead of Performing Arts. Instead I am reading bits of course materials via ITunes U.
- One day I will meet Ruby in person. We’ll drink tea, watch movies and go thrifting.
And the 15 bloggers I am nominating for the Versatile Blogger Award …
Ellefie @ Pipe Dream and Professions. Ellefie is fab plain and simply! She’s an aspiring writer (when she gets published I will be preordering her book and making sure that I read it when it arrives!) and this year is challenging herself to cook more – it’s good seeing her pictures ping up in Google Reader.
Ruby @ Sew, Cook, Create!. Ruby is one of my best friends. Me and Ruby haven’t met in person but we will one day. She’s married to Brandroid and I’m blessed to have watched their wedding via web stream and had a letter read out as part of the Best Man’s speech.
Becca S @ Just Looking…. Becca is a UK Blogger and another one of my best friends. But it was serendipity and our mutual friend Daren who introduced us to one another (and a particular song about Onions!)
Becca D @ Life in Technicolor (she’s American hence the spelling!). She’s mummy to the super cute Selah. She’s super talented when it comes to the graphics for her blog and one day if I’m over her way I hope to meet her. P.s. she loves Pez dispensers!
Kate @ Katie Blair Designs. When I first started reading Kate’s blog she was doing her design stuff but it was on the side lines whiles working a day job. In the last year or so she went self employed! Go girl! I love her notebooks and greetings cards – I swear I’d probably spend most of my pay cheque in her Etsy store if I was allowed!
Koree @ Unveiled. Koree is a student at College of The Ozarks in Missouri. She’s been away from the blogging scene for a little while but she’s back now. (and she’s Becca D’s Sister In Law!)
Kaleigh @ Rewriting Life. Kaleigh has an amazing way with words. She’s such an encourager. She has a huge heart for college students who might feel like they don’t quite fit in or that they are lonely. She’s recently set up HUGStronger (Helping Undergrads Grow Stronger) and I am so please to be part of it.
Crystal @ The House of Hearts. Crystal is from Montreal and lives with her boyfriend. She is amazing at design and her most recent blog design was by herself! Woot woot! Any sponsorship money from her blog goes to help support K-Miga who Crystal sponsors through Compassion Canada (My Mum sponsors a little boy through Compassion UK)
Lacy @ Lacylike. This girl exudes confidence. She’s pretty and has the most amazing curly hair. She’s the kind of friend that would pull faces at you to make you smile when your down after listening to what’s up. She’s fab and so caring.
Amy M @ Amyschmamey. Amy is super lady! She gave birth to her third child – the gorgeous Avery about a month ago – not only that she’s gone back to school this week to study Anatomy and Physiology (or something like that!). I think she’s a bit overwhelmed by all the crazy but I know she’s going to be awesome at it!
Chantilly @ Chantilly Songs. Chantilly lives in Brooklyn, NY and is a fabulous singer/songwriter. You can find her videos on YouTube. I love her songs – they are a bit like KT Tunstall, Birdy, or She and Him. (That’s what it reminds me of anyway!)
Amy S @ Lemon and Raspberry. Amy is fab! She shares lots of tips and inspiration with lots of other bloggers out there. She creates fab art work too!
Cardiogirl @ Cardiogirl. Well CG is so top secret that very few people know her real name – she’s like The Stig in a way lol. She has a hilarious sense of humour and regularly blogs about crazy situations from her life. Take a read.
Nathan aka Wez @ Wez Wanders. Nathan is one of those people that you get introduced to by their nickname and you then never (or rarely) remember their real name. On the other hand Nathan is good friends with Brandroid and Ruby, therefore he is cool by association! He has serious wanderlust and loves to travel. He recently went to Cambodia but has been all the way over here to the UK.