Since Chris discovered that a gluten free diet was better for him than all that gluten in his diet I’ve been attempting to make more and more gluten free cakes and biscuits so that he doesn’t feel like he’s missing out when Our Sidekick and I can buy cake or snacks and not worry so much about the ingredients.
I had meant to take a picture but the bread was cut into before I remembered. Doh!
75g (3 oz) butter or margarine
175g (6 oz) sugar
2 eggs, beaten
450g (1 lb) bananas, mashed
200g (7 oz) gluten free self raising flour
1. Grease and line a 2 lb loaf tin.
2. Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
3. Add eggs a one at a time, beating between each addition.
4. Add bananas and beat again.
5. Stir in the flour, bicarbonate of soda and nuts.
6. Put in the prepared tin and bake for about 1 and 1/4 hours at 180 C / Gas 4 until well risen and firm. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.