I’m back with a review of August. I stumbled across Belle’s review posts over on her blog by accident and decided to attempt to revive my own Monthly Review posts. This is August’s review. You can see others here.
What went well this month
- Well I managed to write the thank you cards for Jaxon’s presents.. (Normally I would have already have done this but July seems to have flown by).
- Continue to work on the weight loss – this didn’t really happen, it bobbed up and down around the same sort of mark and didn’t get much further. Really need to try harder in September
- Exercise at least half an hour on the majority of the week (so 5 days at half an hour a day). Another one that didn’t entirely work. Some days I did more than others – I’ve tried to get to ParkRun or do some alternative exercise which has resulted in a longer workout. On one Saturday we walked from home to Danish Camp at Willington and back – while Chris carried on one of his training walks for his Bullring to Big Ben Birthday Challenge.
I attempted to cut down on the amount of caffeine/Diet Cola I was drinking. I’ve tried to give up Diet Cola completely but have found that giving up the caffeine side really hard. I ended up drinking Green Tea (I discovered that the Salted Caramel Green Tea and Caramelised Apple Green Tea by Twinings is good. I still have to have sweetener in it but in the grand scheme it’s a lot less than Diet Cola from what I understand).
- Monthly Review: July 2017
- Planner Love: Meadowgate Traveler’s Notebook
- Tiny House Thinking in a Big House
- Chris’s Birthday Challenge 2017
- Wagamama Bedford
I finished not one but two books in August! Oh yeah!
First was InkHeart by Cornelia Funke and the second was On The Other Side by Carrie Hope Fletcher. I then carried on with another I had previously started and that was The Little Book of Hygge: The Danish Way to Live Well by Meik Wiking.
- Who Do You Think You Are? (Season 14)
- Orphan Black (Season 5)
- The Night Shift (Season 4)
- Chicago Fire (Season 5)
- Jessica Jones (Season 1)
- When Calls The Heart (Season 1-4 – yep pretty much all of them in one month!)
- Chesapeake Shores (Season 2)
- Autumn Dreams
- In-Lawfully Yours
- All Hallows’ Eve
- Mission Impossible
- Doctor Strange
- Eat, Play, Love
- A Family Thanksgiving
- For Love and Honor
Goals for August month
- Continue to work on the weight loss.
- Exercise at least half an hour on the majority of the week (so 5 days at half an hour a day)
- Get work back on track following the Summer Holidays.
- Get Christmas prep sorted.
- Get posts about Christmas and Autumn scheduled for posting.