Just after my birthday in 2022, I was trying to work out what to do with my birthday money. In the end, I picked out a Petite Knit pattern and headed to Nicoline Garn to spend it. It didn’t seem to difficult and I should be able to do it, so I started the Novice Slipover. I put it down to do other things and when I came back to it something was going wrong. The arm holes were huge and I had no idea why.
So I got drastic and ripped out THE. WHOLE. LOT. Drastic considering the body was basically finished but something wasn’t right. Well I worked on it and got it finished. It was time to get the cuffs on the arm holes finished. So here is something recently off the needles.
Pattern: Novice Slipover by Petite Knit
Yarn: Sandnes Garn Double Sunday (Pattern calls for it to be held double with Silk Mohair but at the time I decided to skip over that – Mohair is kind of pricey lol)
2023g Challenge: 365g/2023g
I am terrible for casting on something new when I have other things on the go and occasionally try to focus on clearing the decks. With Summer Camp around the corner along with a week exploring Europe by train, I need to be more focused on what knitting projects I’m taking with me… also they need to be small ones, either that or I need to plan a project to get me to Stop 1 or 2, then something I can buy around that time to get me through the next few stops. (If I was really creative, I could make something to do with the trips – maybe flags for the countries we visit… maybe they need to be a creation before we go then I can stuff them in the pocket on my bag…I’ll think about that one!).
So, it’s finished. But for now I need to tell a story. A few weeks back I went to get some Spejderkorps Uniform for Jaxon (Spejderkorps is the Danish answer to Scouts UK). On my way home I realised I was going right by Nicoline Garn and needed some more yarn to make sure I had enough to finish the jumper. On my way there my bike chain came off for the 2nd or 3rd time, but it was still on my way home.
When I got to the shop, I explained the the lady behind the counter that I’d like some more yarn for my project, I wasn’t fussed if was the wrong dye lot but as long as it could be close and could she help me because I was covered in bike oil. “No problem” she said (Well sort of!) and set about helping me – she was so lovely! I wished I’d got her name so I could have told her boss how lovely and how helpful she was!
Now it’s June and I finally finished the project – that’s number 11 done. There are a couple of pairs of socks knocking about so I think I will go back to them and get them finished but I will be back with a recap of the WIPs.
Which means it’s time for the #2023gchallenge tally. At the end of Project 10, I was up to 1440/2023. My jumper uses 365g (which is a lot less than the pattern calls for but then I was using just the Double Sunday and not holding it double with the Silk Mohair like the pattern calls for). Anyway 365 for this project, takes the total to 1805/2023 which is 89.2% – less than 20% remaining with 6 and a bit months to go.