Here we go, attempting to make blog posts happen – I can do this! Rex is napping, Jaxon is playing his Switch and it’s a teacher training day today (tomorrow we restart lockdown learning due to COVID etc). So I’ve brought back The Monthly Review and attempting to make it a little more interesting and things.
The Months in Points
I’m sure more than this happened in the month but Jaxon is begging me to play Lego Harry Potter with him while Rex naps so I think I have to go do that. This week has so many changes in it, it’s going to be intersting.
- Technically, we put the tree up in November but I didn’t review so it can go in here. Once we knew Chris wouldn’t be back in November for a visit because of Lockdown 2.0, we decided that the Christmas tree would go up on the 29th November. Mum and Dad came to help me out with getting things out of the loft and decorating the tree. We then all had tea together which was really nice.
- Jaxon finished school on the 17th December and we counted down the days until Daddy would be home for Christmas – except it was going to get all levels of complicated during our countdown.
- Bedford was upgraded to Tier 4 on the 19th December. The announcement came out about 4 pm with effect from midnight. Chris’s flight was due Sunday evening.
- So Chris and I had a discussion about Christmas and we decided he’d stay in Denmark and as heartbreaking as that was it was the “greater good” kind of decision. We’ll be together again soon and we can do Second Christmas when we’re back together.
- We were at Mum and Dad’s house as the news broke, so my parents tag-teamed between looking after the boys and looking after me while I processed and then as we dealt with explaining to Jaxon what was happening and things like that. I’d already had a bit of a cry on the Thursday before when other things were happening so I think I’d already resolved myself to the fact that Chris wouldn’t be here. That way if he was able to be with us then it would be a lovely surprise instead.
- There was lots of editing throughout the month to try and get services ready for the Chapel YouTube Channel. The Christmas Day service took lots of editing because we had different people involved in it but I got there in the end and the video was posted. You can watch them here.
There were a couple of handmade Christmas presents – not as many this year just because I didn’t have the time at all! For my Sister-in-Law, I made a picture with Scrabble letters to include her name, my brother’s name and their son’s name which worked quite well – I hope it lasts because I was fighting with the glue lol.
Knitting wise I’m currently attempting to cast off my Slow Exposure Shawl. It feels like it’s taken forever to get to this point and even when I did I’ve had to tie in a new colour because I didn’t have enough for the next row and then the picot edging so I’ve had to add something in for that – hopefully, it’ll be okay. I’ll definitely have some photos when that’s finished. I also fell into tiny jumpers after seeing them on The Corner of Craft Vlogmas videos. I’ve got partway through one jumper so far before deciding I needed to finish something before I got any further with something new.
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig
- A Kiss in the Snow by Rosie Green
- Snowflakes over Moondance Cottage by Rosie Green
- A Brambleberry Manor Christmas by Rosie Green
There’s lots of Bedford references in The Midnight Library by Matt Haig which was cool but there were a few hiccups on some of the geography, mostly artistic licence but it is funny reading comments from other readers who tore it to shreds because of these errors.
So many things watched in December. Between one thing and another I probably spent a lot of time in front of the TV with Rex across my lap lol.
- Virgin River (Netflix)
- The Holiday Movies That Made Us (Netflix)
- Just Another Christmas (Netflix)
- Over Christmas (ÜberWeihnachten – Netflix)
- The Crown (Netflix)
- Star Trek: Discovery (Season 3 – Netflix)
- Holiday Home Makeover with Mr. Christmas (Netflix)
- The Holiday (Netflix)
- The Prom (Netflix – started didn’t finish)
- A California Christmas
- Home for Christmas (Hjem til jul – Netflix)
- Rebecca (Netflix)
- Bridgerton (Netflix)
- Thomas and Friends (with Rex! Netflix)
Anyone else watch Bridgerton? It’s like Gossip Girl mixed with Jane Austen with a bit of Hamilton for good measure somewhere along the line lol.