How many of my DVDs do I actually watch? How many on the shelf haven’t I watched since I bought them – what if I took them in and traded them in at the second hand store – okay I might just get 50p or so per film but given the price of downloads via iTunes and other media platforms – do I need the actual DVDs? Is there a legal way of copying them to a hard drive rather than having the physical disc? There are films I miss at the cinema but what about just downloading them – I can store them on a hard drive and then play from there (DVD nights might have to change but who knows people I know might adopt my DVDs)
So let’s start with the books – I can solve that one easier.
- Let’s make a list of my books.
- I sell them or given them away. I can post a list here on my blog and you cover the shipping (and maybe some towards the book), or I sell outright on eBay or swap them somewhere like BookMooch. If that doesn’t work I give them away – there are plenty of charity shops in Bedford. The money from selling the books will in the long run cover the cost of the Kindle (other eReaders are available lol)
- I then have two empty book cases – I can Freegle them, advertise in the church newssheet or put them in at the local auctions.
Yeah it would be crazy and some things would be easier than others but what about it? I acquire bits, I can only just close the cupboard in my bedroom because it looks like a bomb blew up in it. In a way I started this a week ago by offering some unused fabric on FB and Twitter (it was taken by a FB friend).
Over to You
- Am I crazy or is it a case of “One’s junk is another’s treasure”?
- Can you imagine doing it?