(Joining with Lauren from The Little Things We Do)
1. Over this labor day weekend I will be well it’s a normal weekend here in the UK so I won’t have Monday off (although we had a bank holiday last weekend so this week was 4 days woot!). My brother Rich and his best friend Aaron are doing a 24 hour Gaming Marathon for The Fountain. It kicks off at 9am tomorrow and finishes at 9am Sunday. Also this weekend we say goodbye to a friend S as he moves on from working at The Fountain which is really sad but we’re having a party tomorrow. Erm what else am I doing – I think I’m helping out at The Fountain but I’m not 100% sure.
2. With the political debates going on right now, my thoughts are again Americanism lol. Erm Obama vs Romney as far as I know right? The thing that bugs me about politics is too much off the time they just point the finger and tell us what the other party didn’t do rather than what they are going to do for me. I’ve read about the lengths that the Suffragettes went to, to get Women the vote so even if I don’t necessarily agree with all the politicians say I am going to use that vote to try and change my country for the better – however that comes.
3. Today I am super excited that I get some time to myself this evening lol. I think I’m going to start with going to my Mum’s to watch another episode of Newsroom. Have you been watching it?.
4. The best thing I’ve cooked recently was gluten free pancakes. I’ve not really cooked that much – I’ve either not been home to eat, we’ve been lazy or Chris has cooked lol. Yesterday we had cooked chicken from the deli counter at the supermarket and oven chips yesterday. It was supposed to be like supermarket version of Our Sidekick’s takeaway favourite in the hope that it was a bit healthier lol.
5. The last thing I bought was chicken and chips yesterday. Then again shortly it’ll be my lunch.
6. The best movie I saw this summer was I haven’t actually seen that many this summer – life kept misbehaving! We did however see Brave last weekend which I really liked. I started watching Precious earlier this week as it was on iPlayer but the Mum just kept bugging me – why do people think it’s okay to beat their kids? (Then again Gabourey Sidibe is an awesome inspiring actress)
7. The best book I read this summer was erm I don’t know – I’ve been trying to cut down my “in progress” pile as somehow I managed to get to 12 in progress! I even dug out my copy of House and Philosophy in the hope that I’d finish reading it but I’ve not been in the frame of mind to get my head round philosophy. In the last few weeks I finished We Can’t Go Home Again by Max Dubinsky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chobsky and now I’m reading Flash and Bones by Kathy Reichs. I will cut down that list!