I stumbled across Belle’s review posts over on her blog by accident and decided to attempt to revive my own Monthly Review posts. This is February’s monthly review. You can see others here. At the end of each month, I write a monthly review all about what I’ve been up to each month.
What Went Well This Month
- Starting and finishing Jaxon’s jumper.
- Starting two secret projects (although not finished so far).
- Starting a jumper for myself which includes learning/teaching myself to cable knit.
- I gave blood. This was my 22nd donation which means 3 more to my next award. However, due to only being able to give blood every 16 weeks, the award will be next year sometime. As I was adding the finishing touches to this post, I received a text telling me that my blood had been sent to Papworth Hospital in Cambridgeshire.
- January and February felt a bit quite workwise. Then in the last week of February, it all went a bit nuts.
- Using TMetric and Rescuetime to try and keep a better record of what I’m doing and where I’m using my work time.
Other Highlights or Not so Highlights
- I had a cold this month. But also I’ve had more headaches. I think I need to try and keep a better record of what might be triggering the headaches or if there’s a specific event or cause like lack of sleep or lack of caffeine that’s setting it off.
- I finally saw The Greatest Showman and oh my goodness! My friend was totally right I did love it and it was right up my street! (Come Alive, The Greatest Show and This is Me have been on constant repeat!)
- I’ve finished my Purple Moleskine notebook so have moved onto a new one but also having purchased a second hand/partially used Hobonichi Techo Cousin. I have a new plan for my Current Planner Setup.
- Planner Love: Meadowgate Traveler’s Notebook
- Monthly Review: January 2018
- Our Year in Review 2017
- Recently Off The Needles… Find Your Fade
- Our Glamping Adventure
- Wagamama Bedford
- How I Use My Bullet Journal Part One
- How I Use My Bullet Journal Part Two
- Storing and Organising Duvet Sets
- Can I Be a Christian and a Feminist?
I finished my Find Your Fade Shawl (Pattern by Drea Renee Knits) and got started on the next project. Back in December when I went to a workshop at Tudor Rose Patchwork taught by Kathleen Laurel Sage, I saw this pattern for a jumper for Jaxon. I wanted to make it for him but at that point, I just snapped a picture and decided I’d get the pattern at a later date. I kept meaning to get the pattern but without having a car in the week it was a challenge to get over to Tydor Rose Patchwork and I was trying to get other projects finished too. In the end, I didn’t need to worry – my Mum gave me the pattern for Christmas. When we went to the student exhibition in January, I bought the wool while we were there. So I once I found the right sized needles.
It was relatively easy although I did have a challenge to pick up the right number of stitches to add the edging to the pockets but I got there in the end.
In February – there were the odd bits of different books read but I was so busy knitting and doing other bits that there hasn’t been much reading happening. I have been reading more of Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman. I seem to be struggling with reading when I am picking up books. I don’t know if it’s just that I’ve not found one that catches my attention or if I just need to focus more!
- Travellers (Season 2)
- Ugly Delicious (Season 1)
- Grey’s Anatomy
- Salvation (Season 1)
- Designated Survivor (Season 2)
- Helix (Seasons 1 and 2)
- Greenhouse Academy (Season 2)
- Once Upon A Time (Season 7)
- Grace and Frankie (Season 4)
- Queer Eye (Season 1)
- My Next Guest Needs No Introduction With David Letterman
- Dinotrux (thanks to Jaxon)
- Dinotrux Supercharged (also because of Jaxon!)
- The BFG
- My Old Lady
- When We First Met
- Irreplaceable You
Goals for March
- Finished my 2018 Goals List – it’s not complicated just needs to be focused on!
- Finish the Secret Project
- Formulate a proper plan for Daisy Media in 2018