A while back I used to write a monthly review on a regular basis but like a lot of my blog posts – it stopped happening. I stumbled across Belle’s review posts over on her blog by accident and decided to attempt to revive my own Monthly Review posts (as my reminder post it falls off my screen into the recycling bin under my desk). In August, I’m hoping July’s review will come closer to the beginning of the month, not nearly half way through like today.
What went well this month
- While I was the only person in the house, I decided that I would make our joking about painting the bathroom a reality. Four of us trying to use one bathroom while it would be semi out of action being decorated kept putting me off trying to get it done so while the boys were away I got on with it. Dad helped me with getting the radiator off the wall (more like he did it and I watched from the landing). I successfully managed to get the paint on the ceiling and the walls in the right order and didn’t entirely paint myself or bits that I wasn’t supposed to paint. In review, I should have done the gloss first before painting the walls but I am not exactly trained in decorating so the fact that there is paint on the walls and ceiling is an achievement.
- On the first night of being home alone, Our Sidekick sent a message via Chris, not to vacuum his bedroom floor because he wasn’t sure where his SIM card was for his phone. Alongside this, I’d been around the upstairs to open the windows as the house had been shut up on one of the hottest days of the year so far. I got to Our Sidekick’s room and it was so stinky I had to do something about it. First up clear out all the dirty washing. Only after starting on his room did I find it downstairs under my desk. I ended up carrying his SIM card around in the back of my phone case so that I didn’t lose it. I thought I was doing okay then on about Day 5 of the boys being away, I had a phone call from Our Sidekick’s friend about missing college work, so then I had to go mental on the rest of the room that I had hoped would be at a leisurely pace across the fortnight. This included clearing under Our Sidekick’s Bed. Let’s hope it stays relatively clear now that the boys are back!
- I also did boring home stuff like catching up on all the washing well someone’s got to do it and in our house that’s me.
- Having stood on the scales at Slimming World and realised that I was less than half a stone away from where I originally started back in 2013. It was time to kick myself in the butt and lose some weight. Now although I will still be weighing in at Slimming World I’m going to measure with a tape too, to see where I’m losing/gaining the weight. I measured today and even after my rather large breakfast I have lost 3 inches round my waist since I attempted a restart back in May. Now to get it sorted properly and stop faffing about! Also as well as following the Slimming World food plan wise, I’ll be tracking what I can in my FitBit app to try and make sure that my intake is balancing my outgoing when it comes to calories (okay this sounds a bit of obsessive in a way but I think it’s going to work so I can make sure I’m not stuffing myself silly!)
- Make sure Jaxon takes all his pre-travel medication.
- Make sure Jaxon gets to Heathrow to meet Chris.
- Return paperwork to Preschool for next academic year.
- Restoring order to the house while the boys are away
Continued but not finished:
- Orphan Black (Season 5)
- White Collar (All Seasons)
- Pitch Battle
- iZombie (Season 3)
- Pretty Little Liars (Season 7)
- Glitch (Season 1)
- The Night Shift (Season 4)
- House of Cards (Season 1)
- The Circle
- And So It Goes
- How Do You Know
- Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde
- Salmon Fishing in the Yemen
- Stranger Than Fiction
- Hello, My Name is Doris
- Friends with Kids
Goals for July month
- Lose weight!
- Complete the Refit 28-day Online Challenge
- Complete #BrimblesSummerLovin photo challenge (On Instagram)
- Hydrate more!
- Sort Jaxon’s birthday
- Watch less TV!
- Complete the Refit 28-day Online Challenge.