I stumbled across Belle’s review posts over on her blog by accident and decided to attempt to revive my own Monthly Review posts. This is July’s monthly review. You can see others here. At the end of each month, I write a monthly review all about what I’ve been up to each month.
I supposed it’s better late, than never that I post this monthly review. Some days I feel like I am chasing my tail round and round in circles rather than actually getting anywhere but hopefully July’s Monthly Review post will be on time.
Highlights from July
- https://www.gallones.co.uk/July started with Race For Life. It was so hot that weekend! It was 28C around lunchtime so we were very hot!
- There were three family birthdays in July so had a Birthday BBQ followed by another birthday party.
- Jaxon was one of those birthdays. Jaxon and I went to Lemon and Ginger Knitting group at the Pavilion. Laura sorted out a brownie for Jaxon and the staff at the Pavilion were amazing. They couldn’t find a proper birthday cake candle so used to two tealights. Two of the staff came out onto the veranda bit to join us and they all sang Happy Birthday to Jaxon. It was so lovely of them! I asked Jaxon what he wanted for lunch. He decided that he wanted sausage rolls so we went to a bakery and got some sausage rolls and drinks. He then wanted to go and get an ice cream so we headed to Gallones. It was a lovely birthday and I hope he enjoyed it. His next birthday falls on a school day and I’m not sure how well he’s going to cope with that one!
- In August, I’m helping at a Holiday Club so as part of that I went with a group from the Holiday Club to take assemblies at two lower primary schools. It ended up as three school sites because of how the school is setup at the moment. They were good fun. One of my friends is a teacher at one of the schools, she walked past the assembly hall and waved at me. She had to go to a meeting while her class was in assembly so she couldn’t stay but it was lovely that she’d come past to say hello.
- At Coffee Morning, we had a couple of speakers from Bedford Street Angels. I was part of the team when they first started so it was great to hear about what they’ve been up to and how things are going now. Bedford Street Angels has now been running since February 2009.
- Since about March I’ve been working more on our family tree – specifically Chris’s side to figured out the link between him and Admiral Byng. A few weeks ago, I got an email from Ancestry.com to tell me that more extended family members on my side had been added to a tree that I had found. I sat down and started to fill in what I could. In the end I worked out I was back to my 9th time Great Grandad or something like that. INSANE! I’m still not much further on Chris’s side though which is a shame but it’s coming along. You can read more about when I started back in March here.
- Chris has gone to Newday this week so I’ve been looking after Jaxon with tag team assistance from my parents and Our Sidekick when needed. Our Sidekick has also been helping with some of the chores (yesterday afternoon he took up three baskets/bags of washing which is great – I’m hoping I can get it all away before Chris gets back at the weekend and then I have more washing to do!
- On the first night of Chris being away, Jaxon had gone to bed in his own bed but around midnight woke up and decided he wanted to sleep in my bed – it was easier to say yes then to upset him in his half-awake state. I expected that he was going to be a wriggle bum but actually once he was out he was really still once he got settled. I decided that would be a one off and was grateful to have the bed to myself on the second night!
Top Posts Viewed in July
- 7 Things I’ve Noticed Since Giving Up Diet Cola
- Planner Love: Meadowgate Traveler’s Notebook
- The Monthly Review: June
- Baby and Play: Bedford’s Independent Toy Shop
- Good Morning Sunshine! AKA Our Trip in an Ambulance
- Our Adventurous Toddler Takes on The Piccadilly Line
Projects Worked on in July
- I’ve been working on my jumper a bit more but I’m having trouble with the arms so it’s on pause at the moment.
- I started Stormy Skies Jumper, but between one or another thing I ended up having to start again.
Books Read in July
In July, my reading level has gone back to the pre-Disney level again. Hoping to get this back up again.
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
- The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants by Ann Brashares (Second Summer of the Travelling Pants)
- Come Matter Here by Hannah Brencher
Series Watched (Not full seasons btw!)
- Amazing Interiors
- Marvel Agents of Shield
- Arrow (just the crossover episodes when I could find them)
- Flash (just the crossover episodes when I could find them)
- Doctor Who (Season 7)
- Hyori’s Bed and Breakfast (Season 1 – I attempted to watch it but with it being in Korean with subtitles I needed to be able to watch it and concentrate on the subtitles)
- Gilmore Girls (Sometimes you have to go back to the beginning)
- Home Again
- Moana (lots! It’s Jaxon’s current favourite to the extent that if he would learn Tokelau, I think he would!)
- Hannah Gadsby: Nanette (this is still in progress)
- Brain on Fire
Goals for August
- Clear some of the UFOs (unfinished objects. I have the jumper to finish (Autumn Breeze Sweater) as well as properly get started on another one (Stormy Skies). I was about 20 rows into it and then thought it was going really wrong so pulled it all out again. Casting on for like the third time now so hopefully, it’ll work now.