This Weekend I…

Before I fall head first back into work stuff tomorrow evening. I figured I’d get some blogging done as I seem to be slacking a bit recently!

I have the Olympics Coverage playing on the TV. I am excited as the Team GB Boys are about to compete for the medals (Come on boys! You’ve got this!)

Yesterday morning we started the weekend with ParkRun. Normally Chris looks after Jaxon while I do ParkRun but with him being away, I had to do it with him in the buggy. I bought a Mountain Buggy from eBay about two weeks ago and it’s so much easier to use when we’re out and about. However this particular version is fractionally too long to fit in the boot of the Zoe. I’ve been using the Hauck buggy when we’re been out in the car and then the Mountain Buggy when we’ve been out in Mum’s car or left from home. (I have this one in black but I can’t find a picture of it!). There’s a newer model that Mountain Buggy have launched now but this one works for us while Jaxon is still in a buggy and the amount of miles we cover on a normal week when we don’t have the car.

Mountain Buggy All Terrain

I really thought I was going slower than normal but actually when I did get my time through I was less than a minute slower than my PB for 2016 so actually I wasn’t that much slower pushing Jaxon than when I run without him. I am hoping that now that he is happy in this “new” buggy I might be able to get out and try and do more running during the week – if I take him out just before tea he might settle better when it comes to bedtimes – I guess it’s all a case of trying it out once Chris is back.

Following ParkRun we pretty much spend the whole day at home just playing in the living room. I think Jaxon would have rather gone out and done stuff but I was just shattered. I tried to figure out when I last did ParkRun and I think it was the beginning of June, I’m hoping that things will settle down and I’ll be able to get back to doing ParkRun weekly now.

I spent the evening working on getting the Macbook up and running again so that I can use this when I go to “hot desk” at 44 Harpur Street. I’ve been taking the Windows Laptop that Chris and I jointly purchased for work-y bits but I spend most of the time trying to remember where things are on the Windows OS rather than actually doing any work, so a slightly slower MacBook over my slowing up skills is a bit better! It didn’t quite work as well as it should have and in the end I had to leave it to charge and come back to it this evening.

The FitBit app was updated on my phone yesterday and one of the new settings is to set a reminder to tell you to get ready for bed, but you can work it backwards so you start with your alarm in the morning along with how much sleep you need in the night then what time you need to go to bed. Along with that it gives you a reminder around half an hour before that “go to sleep” time. I used it for the first time last night and I felt so much better when I woke this morning. In order to wake at 7:15am and get 6hrs 30 sleep (yes I know I probably need more but we’re starting here!) I have to go to sleep at 00:25. Well I was cleaning my teeth when my half an hour warning went off so I was actually ahead of schedule which meant I had time to read B-Side by Elle Field and get that finished so that I can then start Found by Elle Field today. (You can read her blog here).

We started Sunday morning in usual fashion, Jaxon and I sat in bed watching YouTube Kids videos before getting up to get breakfast. While Jaxon ate his breakfast I worked on packing some of the bits for the church picnic. I had meant to go shopping on Friday or Saturday, but it just didn’t work in the end. We headed for church in the car, as we turned left into the road that church is on, my Aunt was out for a run and crossed the road right in front of our car, I’m not 100% sure she actually stopped to check to see if there were any cars coming so I made sure that I stopped and let her keep going! When we got to the church people we found some seats, I chatted to a couple of our friends before the service and got to see our friend’s little girl who is like 3/4 weeks old now – so squishy and cute!

Jason went to creche and I stayed in for the service, Martin was speaking about The Parable of the Vineyard Workers (The podcast isn’t up yet but it will be here). He had a lovely time, he does so well at creche, I drop him off and even before I’ve registered him with whoever is leading, he’s off playing with the toys and often when I say goodbye to him he’ll then look up at me, wave and then go back to what he’s doing. He’s so good!

Following church we nipped to the supermarket to get picnic bits and bits that we needed for the rest of the day – I’ll pop tomorrow and get some bits to cover us for this week before Chris takes over on food duty at the weekend (actually I think I am going to get to the middle of the week and then let him take over even if I do the shopping for his food plan – I guess we’ll see). I wasn’t sure how much would be shared so I took stuff to share too and then when we got there it was definitely more of a case of you eat your own food rather than share but that’s okay – I still shared with the people I was sat with and they shared with Jaxon and I too so that was cool – it meant we had sandwiches and picnic nibbles again for tea. Probably full of syns and not so good for me but hopefully if I can fit some more walking in this week I will see that fixed on the scales come Thursday.

One of the girls absolutely adores Jaxon so for a bit she kept following Jaxon round and keeping him out of trouble. There were heaps of church people and other children about so as long as I could see Jaxon I wasn’t too fussed about him pottering around in the area we were sat in. I got to chat to some of the other mums who I don’t necessarily see during the week as they work. I talked to one of the other Mums who have kids on the Malawi Trip that Chris and Our Sidekick are on at the moment, we talked about how Our Sidekick came to live with us and would we foster again and things like that. We spoke about how Jaxon and I had coped okay while the boys have been away but that when Jaxon was sick at the beginning of the first week I was really struggling. Thankfully I gave myself a talking to and got things sorted out. I am so grateful for the friends that I could call on for prayer and coffee dates once Jaxon was better. I had visions of us becoming hermits and not leaving the house unless it was essential so I got a couple of coffee dates in the diary so that I had to go out and do stuff lol.

Following the picnic we came home as Richard needed to pop by and borrow some bits from us. He also adopted the spare papers from Our Sidekick’s paper round – he makes like paper blocks to use in his log fire and they help to start the fire or something like that – he also took the packaging from two packages that had arrived today and added that to the pile he’s got at home too.

Jason and I watched Home which is like this favourite film at the moment, while I worked on tidying the kitchen and doing some bits he watched some of The Good Dinosaur – I’ve not actually sat through the whole thing yet – I’m not convinced it’s one of Disney’s best films – it doesn’t grab you like other ones do – or is it just me?

I’ve spent this evening sorting out the computer and watching the Olympics – Team GB have done amazing on the medal fronts today. I’m currently watching the Cycling pursuit while discussing it with my friend Hannah via text message!

Now I’m going to wrap this up here and I think I’m going to go and get into bed, watch DS9 and crochet… that sounds good.

Night Night

Leave a Reply