I’ve got so much to add from #140Conf – not neccersarily in order.
2. @DarenBBC‘s presentation and live interpretation of Bob Dylan’s Subterranean Homesick Blues was fab – I loved in! I was going to get up and dance I and really wished I had now lol.
3. The Education Panel was really interesting. There was: David White (@daveowhite), Digital Maverick (@digitalmaverick), James Clay (@JamesClay, Shirley White (@ShirleyEarley and Sue Black (@Dr_Black). It was really interesting especially when the subject of teaching Twitter as part of the IT curriculum came up. I asked a question/made a point: how would you use Twitter etc in curriculum if as soon as the curriculum is published and distributed its already out of date?
3. During the last speaker me and @swanny were at the back with her friend (I missed her name – she’s something to do with Girl Geek Dinners) chatting about the Zi8 cameras that @KodakCB was giving away.
4. At the end of the conference there was a mad dash for the Zi8’s as to enter the giveaway you needed to hand your business card to @kodakCB. I was first for the last camera but @kodakCB‘s sidekick asked for a shuffle and draw (this was like my third attempt to try and win one).
5. At the end people were hanging around chatting and various people were video-ing bits. I ran up behind the cameraman who was filming @darenBBC and pulled faces at Daren – the idea was to put me off but then he grabbed me and got me to join in his little video and then @KristianC got pulled in to and we started talking about young tweeters. (Me and @KristianC.
6. Before the last panel @Kyraocity gave us a little musical break – she sang this amazing song and I couldn’t help but bop along lol. I’d really like her CD – I managed to video a little bit on my phone but it wasn’t very good quality and you could only hear certain bits.
7. After being video-ed with @darenBBC – I was hovering around and there was a damsel in distress. @graphicalliance (aka Natalie) had no battery in her BB and desperately needed some charge so I whipped out my charger and we stuck her phone on charge for a few minutes before we got kicked out by the O2 people.
8. After the conference we headed to a local pub for drinks (we ended up at the Slug and Lettuce actually in the O2), on the way in I was asked for I’d – I thought this was hilarious because I don’t get ID’d very often now. One of the ladies made a comment about not being asked for her I’d – I honestly didn’t mind because its the doormen doing their job.
9. I hovered for a bit then @darenBBC sorted a drink for me. He poked the guy who had gone to the bar for the group. (I missed his name so couldn’t say thank you).
10. I hung out jeznowhere, media_lad and @minxymoggy. I stood chatting to jeznowhere about interests etc including music (Dusty Springfield and that I should listen to Dusty in Memphis album), my favourite songs and bands (City of Blinding Lights – U2, Your Sofa – Becky Higg, The Pretender, Learn to Fly, Times Like These – The Foo Fighters), My Favourite Film (The American President) and also why I liked it – we also briefly chatted about Obama and The West Wing.
12. @media_lad rejoined the conversation and we talked about HMV and the opening of new stores.
13. At about 7:30 I decided it was time to head off because it was going to take me around 45-60 minutes to get the tube across London and then like an hour for the train home. @MinxyMoggy, media_lad, and @jeznowhere as they went to talk to @dr_black, @darenbbc and @Kyraocity amongst other people as I was saying goodbye to @DarenBBC, @dr_black realised that I had asked the question earlier in the Education Panel bit and so we discussed quickly before I left a little more about IT and tuition in schools.
14. On the way out of the O2 building I called my Mum to let her know I was on the way to the station. I managed to catch the 2030 that was stopping in Bedford on the way to Nottingham. I spent most of the journey home reading Making History by Stephen Fry.
All in all it was a good day. I had so much fun. I got home on Tuesday and wanted to tell CJ every bit of the day but he got grumpy with me.
If the links are broken or to the wrong place let me know and I’ll get it sorted.