Joining with Lauren from The Little Things We Do.
1. My favorite feeling in all the world is hugs! My Dad gives these hugs that just make me feel like I can take on the world – or like yesterday when it reduced me to tears but that was more because I was holding on to the verge of tears tightly for about an hour and then the hug from my Dad pushed me over the verge.
2. My favorite smell is fresh baking, cake 0r bread it doesn’t matter as long as it smells good!
3. My favorite taste is sweet – it’s my weakness it’s not good.
4. The most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen was last year we went to the Lakes. My Grandma loved and my Aunt loves the Lakes and often talked about places to visit up there. It was my first time up there and we went to Wast Water – and let me just say the pictures do not do it justice at all! (Well especially when the only one I can find is an Instagram one!) We were the only car there and this was amazing silence that I’ve never come across before – okay there were sheep on the hill side and you could hear the water but there were no cars and no people. It was just gob smacking.
5. The best sound ever is that sound of nothing. The silence I wrote about in number four.
6. A smell that reminds me of my childhood is coffee – Grandma S’s house used to always smell of coffee and Grandma B’s house would smell of baking – either is a good smell but the smell of coffee makes me sad some days (on Saturday I had a big cry about it, you would have thought that would be next Monday as it’s been 4 years).
7. My favorite of all the senses is sense of hearing – without it I’d miss out on music. There’s a game called “Would you rather…..?” that we play and actually I think I’d rather lose my hearing than my sight because even if I did lose my hearing I would still be able to feel the vibrations (Have you heard of Evelyn Glennie? I love her blog) but I think I’d also feel so incredibly lost.