January was here and then gone so quickly! What happened?
Highlights from January
- The month started bittersweet and it wasn’t really a highlight but the fact that I got to see a lot of old friends was a highlight. Our friend was involved in an incident at the beginning of December and after being placed on life support he had to be removed from it and unfortunately passed away. It was lovely to see everyone at Three Rivers Church, I just wished so badly that it had been under better circumstances.
- We tried to get life back to normal following Christmas and everything else but it just felt like trying to get through January was like wading through treacle – I’m sure it probably actually wasn’t that bad but it just felt like I wasn’t really getting anywhere and then we were at the end of the month already.
- In a completely insane and surreal moment, I was contacted by Andrea Diaz from CNN Entertainment after I’d tweeted a radio station here in the UK about how I’d been watching Tidying Up with Marie Kondo and had put it into practice – my photo and my essay of a comment was used in the post and then it went around a bunch of
affliatestoo! Did you see that bit? Read here)
Top Posts Viewed in January
- Crazy Tidying!!
- Planner Love: Meadowgate Traveler’s Notebook
- Storing and Organising Duvet Sets
- Happy New Year (Recently off the Needles)
- Hello Friends!
- Recently Off The Needles… Find Your Fade
- Monthly Review: January 2018
- Wagamama Bedford
- Adventures with Jaxon: Piccadilly Line Part 2!
- My Wishlist: Midori
Goals Set for January – and the Progress
- Start #walk1000miles2019 – Walked 104 miles in January. This was about 13 miles over the target for the month. This is great because it allows for a quieter week over half term!
Projects Worked on in January
- Jaxon’s Jumper
- Baby Blanket 1, 2 and 3
Books Read in January
- The Christmasaurus by Tom Fletcher
- On the Road to Here by Robert Kugler
Series Watched (Not full seasons btw!)
- Black Lightning (Netflix)
- Tidying Up with Marie Kondo
- Luther (Netflix but originally BBC)
- Timeless (Netflix)
- A Series of Unfortunate Events (Netflix)
- House of Cards (Netflix)
- Friends from College (Netflix – not so keen on Season 2 – seems to be trying to fit that Friends/How I Met Your Mother idea)
- Star Trek: Discovery
- Grace and Frankie
- Republic of Doyle
- The Good Cop
- Bob’s Broken Sleigh (Netflix)
- Super Monsters and the Wish Star (Netflix)
- Swimming with Men (Netflix)
- 13 Going on 30
- Leap Year
- Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
- The Bookshop
- Gnome Alone
- The Last Laugh
- Olaf’s Frozen Adventure
Goals for February
- Continue with walking 1000 miles challenge. Target for February is 76.9 miles which should be relatively easy. However there is a week of half term so I’m not entirely sure if I will then be behind target but we’ll see!
- Clear more WIPs from the knitting/crochet pile. Try to finish the Northern Lights Shawl and the Storm Skies jumper by the end of February so I can move onto something else.