What went well this month
- Get Christmas shopping finished – well this is still in progress. Some of the ideas haven’t followed through and I need to figure out what to sort out.
- Get planner ready for 2018 – In true planner addict style, I thought I had a plan but as we go into December – I still don’t have a clue. I think I will just bounce around and see what sticks and resist the temptation to buy in the mean time!
- Get blog posts written or planned for November. I managed to get a couple of bits done early in the month but as the month went on things didn’t go so well.
- Try to reach 10k steps at least 4 days a week. I forgot to take my charger with me when we were away in November so I missed being able to count on those days.
- Donate Blood. Gave my 20th Blood Donation. Five to go to my Silver Award. I can just about fit 3 donations into one year as long as I’m not ill or have more than 16 weeks between donations. So I will get my award in the middle of 2019 if I manage to donate every time. While giving blood the lady on tea table (called Maz) was chatting about her mobile phone to one of the other people waiting. She asked how she checks how much space is on her phone. I was able to help her and funnily enough she was my Donor Carer person when I started that days donation so it was like a skills swap or something!
- #FreeTeaDay: I was actually in the right place at the right time to be able to get a free cup of tea. Ground Floor Coffee at King’s House were taking part so I adopted a cup of tea on my way out after giving blood. I tried the Spiced something tea but was kind of disappointed. I’m sure it’s lovely enough but didn’t taste of what it was supposed to taste of. (Rooibos base with Cinnamon and Cloves or something like that).
- Attended a meeting with a new client, was really good to sit down and discuss properly rather than email threads backwards and forwards.
- Had a little adventure getting the train back from Woburn Sands. The train was made up of one carriage and I had to buy my ticket on board. The conductor had a little tablet and a travel ticket printer.
- Mum and I went up to Nottingham for the Yarn Expo and had a great time. I bought some new wool which was nice but now I need to figure out what to do with it.
- Chris attempted the Tube Challenge again. There were a couple of hiccups that slowed the guys down and they didn’t manage to complete. I think they are tempted to attempt it again in the New Year.
- Jaxon and I went swimming at the local pool, then when we were on holiday we went swimming for a second time. The second time with Chris with us he got a bit more confident in the water which was good. I would love to take him more frequently so he can get used to the water. Maybe that’s something for the New Year.
- We spent a week in Norfolk at Norfolk Glamping. The start of our time away included Becca‘s Wedding which was really exciting. It was so lovely to be included in their wedding celebrations even just for the little bit we were there for.
- Mum and I ran our stall at the Woodside Christmas Fayre which was fun. I think we were both a bit nervous whether anything would actually sell and then we made a handful of sales which was good.
- Jaxon, Mum and I went to Milton Keynes to see the Christmas Lights at Middleton Hall. At one point we sat outside Caffe Nero discussing how the lights have shrunk since when I was a kid. Jaxon wanted Grandma to go on the carousel with him and on the train too so I was on buggy duty.
- My Current Planner Setup: B6 Chic Sparrow
- Planner Love: Meadowgate Traveler’s Notebook
- A to Z of Date Nights: C is for Cineworld
- How I use my Bullet Journal: Part 1
- Mind Your Teas and Thank You (Vremi Review)
- 110: Life Thru a Lens
- Baby and Play: Bedford’s Independent Toy Shop
- Ecover Laundry Challenge with BritMums
- Hannah’s Wanderlust List
I finished The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion. I loved the character of Don, he really reminded me of Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory. This is actually the first book in a series so I’m going to add Book Two (The Rosie Effect) to my wishlist. I need to add this one’s review to Goodreads and Amazon at some point soon.
- Once Upon A Time (Season 7)
- Designated Survivor (Season 2)
- Star Trek: Discovery
- Zumbo’s Just Desserts
- Riverdale (Season 2)
- Greenleaf (Season 3)
- Blindspot (Season 3)
- Grey’s Anatomy (Season 14)
- Scandal (Season 7)
- The Good Doctor (Season 1)
- Santa’s Apprentice (However it also seems to come up as The Magic Snowflake or Santa’s Apprentice and the Magic Snowflake – talk about complicated!)
- Miracle on 34th Street – My favourite bit has to either be the scene when Kris signs using ASL to a little girl who’s deaf or the scene in the court room towards the end (yes there are spoilers if you click on the links!)
- Ghosts of Girlfriends Past
- Holiday Joy
- Christmas Eve
- A Christmas Prince
- La La Land
- Once Upon a Holiday
- A Christmas Detour
- The Magic Roundabout
- Murder on The Orient Express
- Thor: Ragnarok
- Bad Moms Christmas
Goals for December
- Finish the Christmas shopping
- Get blog posts written or planned for December
- Attempt to get ahead with work to be able to take the time off between Christmas and New Year.