This month’s Monthly Review. Do you write a similar post? I stumbled across Belle’s review posts over on her blog by accident and decided to attempt to revive my own Monthly Review posts. You can see others here.
- The Mummies and I went to the Quiz Night at Church. We had a great time and it was lovely to hang out as us rather than just around the school gates waiting for the kids.
- My Sister in Law and I had lunch and discussed her crazy idea for a “side hustle”. It’s exciting but hard to try and not take over lol.
- I attempted to go and give blood but my bus was delayed. Then when I got to the session, they were short-staffed so the delay was growing and growing. I tried to be patient but in the end, I just had to get on the bus and go home again so that I could be at school in time to collect Jaxon.
- Ikea Field Trip – My friend and I took our boys to the soft play/kids area at Ikea while we grabbed breakfast. We also went around the store to get some bits that we needed.
- We talked about which paints we are going to use to work on our house. We’re getting there on the kitchen but there is still some to do. Unfortunately, as we’re both trying to do it around our jobs and looking after Jaxon. I’m thinking I should have taken more before pictures though so that I can show what we’ve been up to.
- We took Jaxon to the cinema to see Toy Story 4. I wasn’t sure whether he’d sit still through the whole film but he did pretty well. He was sat with Chris right near the aisle so they could both get out if a quick break was needed. Grandma and Grandpa came with us too which Jaxon thought was great fun.
- Jaxon had two birthday parties which was good fun for him.
- Mum, My brother and I went to see Yesterday at the cinema – loved it! Especially that epic cameo! (I’ll happily discuss more but I think it’s better if it comes as a surprise of sorts).
Projects Worked on in June
I’m working on a couple of projects but as they are presents they are surprises. Once they are complete I’ll share. In between them, I am working on finishing my Juniper Tee by Verity Castledine (aka Truly Hooked). I’m really trying to finish it before we go to Fibre East at the end of July so that I can show it off.
Books Read in June
- Christmas Spirit by Nicola May
- Always with You By Hannah Ellis
- Beyond The Lens by Hannah Ellis
- Beneath The Stars by Hannah Ellis
- Goodness, Grace and Me by Julie Houston (In Progress)
- Coming Home to Holly Close Farm by Julie Houston (In Progress – I had started this but it’s almost the middle of the series so I’ve gone back to the beginning of the series)
- iZombie (Netflix)
- Good Omens (Amazon Prime)
- New Amsterdam (Amazon Prime)
- Designated Survivor (Netflix)
- Tales of The City (Netflix)
- My Next Guest Needs No Introduction with David Letterman (Netflix)
- The Emoji Movie
- Toy Story 4
- Always Be My Maybe (Netflix)
- I Am Mother (Netflix)
- The Wife (Netflix)
Top Posts Viewed in June
- Adventures with Jaxon: Piccadilly Line Part 2
- Storing and Organising Duvet Sets
- Planner Love: Meadowgate Travelers Notebook
- Monthly Review: May
- Eight Forty Four
- NaBloPoMo: Day Eight
- A to Z of Date Nights: The Alphabet So Far…
- Recently Off The Needles: Baby Kimono
- BEDN: Lists
- Recently Off The Needles: Find Your Fade